Friday, July 15, 2011

paint paint and more paint - a way to pass the time until L-day!

Remember in one of the last blogs I showed you our current dining situation and said we were working on a project? Well it's done! So glad because it turned out to be quite a project - not super tough or anything but lots of steps.  So I was pretty glad that my hubby decided to help me since I'm trying to stay off my feet and I love the way it turned out.....

 so this was our old buffet and hutch and table set.....lots of black and spots of red. 
 It was nice (and cheap!) but just not quite us.... so I found an even cheaper set on craigslist, bought it and sold my old one for even more.  Made some money and spent a week with furniture on our back lawn!
 They started out dark green with a natural wood top to the table....but after taking the seats off, stripping the paint, sanding, sanding and sanding.  then priming, painting, distressing and sealing.... perfect country dining, just our style!
 The spray king. That spray gun saved me so much time!!
 and now I love how light and bright it is (especially with the cute white knobs with black Polk-a-dots).


 Definitely happy the project is done but happier that for $75 we have a new dining room that fits our style more and eating Cheerios off the tiny kids table is a thing of the past!
 this is me at 34 weeks!! officially 5 weeks from today until my C-section for Mr. Wyatt James and I am definitely feeling the aches and pains but getting excited to hold him in my arms instead of having him play the drums on my bladder!
 The boys are getting just a little excited too and picked out a small present for him for when he gets here... meet Bob the Bear.
 And,  the boy stuff just keeps coming.  I don't know why I am shocked.  They climb, spit, throw and run every where but after only 6 days of riding without training wheels Jack rolled by me down the street doing stunts already.  Remind me to double check our health insurance and make sure we have a good co-pay plan for the ER.
 And then this came rolling down the street after.....  matter of fact.  I need to carry bandages and cleaning solution with me at all times.
And just because I thought it was funny, this is what my third boy (Flo) does when blowing the grass off the patio after mowing... Jack's hair.  He looks exactly like little Jack Jack from the incredibles!

never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment