Sunday, February 28, 2010

date night

Two words we don't use a lot in our house: date night. But last night was an exception! (picture HUGE smile on my face as I type this!) Flo wanted to leave the kids with a sitter and take to the town just the two of us (what? you say? novel thought I know!) and the anticipation of the day was almost like we were dating.... I considered 4 outfits (seriously people, I wear work out clothes or sweat shirts with cracker crumbs and boogies on them every day) and even used my smelly lotion.

Just the thought of "grown up" conversation at dinner got me through the fact that our kids flushed a bath toy down the toilet in their bathroom causing 2 inches of poo poo water to careen all over the floor. Even as I spent 2 hours cleaning up and disinfecting everything in site, I had the date in the back of my mind - good thing too because I have witnessed a lot of gross things that made me lose my cookies.

We went out to Cedars in Coeur D Alene and had an AMAZING dinner. The sick bite was taken (you know after you are totally full and content but the food is so good you just have to take one more? And it makes you feel sick? Well I took about 10 of those). It was fun to just escape dirty diapers and folding clothes and our cell phones for a few hours and enjoy each others company and remember how we fell in love when we were dating. Its nice to know when we pause like this from the chaos and kids and commotion that we are still the same two people (I'll be it a little ragged at times with a few more wrinkles), but that we've supported each other and been there for each other through everything.

A movie wrapped up the night and proved the only thing disappointing about date night was that going to bed after 1 am means that you still have 2 wiggle worms who wake up at 7 am climbing all over you. And then you only need one word: Coffee.

Goofing around today. We had a good family day, minus the hellish trip to Nordy's for shoes for Cooper's giant feet.
This was a game and upper body work out for Flo -lifting 30 and 40 pounds respectively.



Just sitting back enjoying the moment when everyone wanted to sit by me for a kodak moment. There is no sitting back I've discovered...


I must have smelled like bacon...Lucy couldn't get close enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment